Weekly Job Tips & Leads from Career Services
MMI CAREER CONNECTIONS is the latest resource available to MMI students and graduates connecting you to businesses looking to hire MMI students and graduates! It’s a database that will house your profile with your resume, demo reel, website links, projects, contact information and anything else you might want to share with a potential employer. It’s your complete MMI profile ALL IN ONE SPOT! You can even copy and share the link with potential employers. COMING SOON! we will personalize the web links with your name for you – until then feel free to use your profile standard URL on your resume or in an introductory email to potential employers. It’s simple and easy to use! Go to http://connections.mediainstitute.edu/ to sign up today, start having employers view your profile tomorrow! Feel confident that when you submit your profile at Career Connections, someone in MMI Career Services will be reviewing all your links and files to ensure they transferred properly before making your profile public.
Having problems uploading files or have questions about MMI Career Connections? Contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. MMI Career Services Upcoming Events:
- February 26th, Thursday 7:30am-9am Boardman & Clark LLP Seminar Series for New Entrepreneurs- Free Event. Free Breakfast. Discussion on intellectual property and business issues for new entrepreneurs. If interested, register HERE
- February 26th, Thursday Overture Center Stagehand Training! 6pm Sharp! Free Training! Come learn what it takes to be a Stagehand in one of the most prestigious theaters in the country! This workshop is for individuals with little experience in the theater world as a stagehand and desiring to apply at the Overture Center when the opportunity arises! To register please email Dominic Stryker at email@example.com
- February 27th, Friday 1pm-3pm All Industry Career Chat (Building B) - Come! Listen, learn and apply for openings! Career Services will provide you with a thorough overview of how to research a company before applying to them. Learn exactly what to put in your cover letter and resume from your dream company’s website.
- March 7th, Saturday 8am-3pm- WBA Student Seminar Madison Marriott Hotel: Come ready for Speed Networking, Mock Interviewing, Breakout Sessions, Breakfast & Lunch all for $15 bucks!
Career Advice from Career Services:
- How to Answer Tricky Interview Questions
- Interview Taboo Words
- Resume Writing Advice
Dane County Job Center Hiring News (located at 1819 Aberg Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin. A block away from the Metro North Transfer Station. Click here for a map.)
- OnThursday, February 26th from 10am-12pm Community Living Alliance will be recruiting for various Administrative Positions.
- DANE COUNTY JOB Fair: March 10, 2015 Tuesday 10am-3pm at the Alliant Energy Center there will be over 120 employers to visit with and share with them why they need an MMI professional on their staff.
Local Hiring Openings The Home Depot | February 27th | 2:30pm
- Seasonal Freight Team Associates
- Seasonal Garden Recovery
- Lumber Sales Associates
- Delivery Pullers
- Pay starting at $8.75/hr and up
*The Home Depot may also be conducting interviews during the event Click HERE for more information on the resources provided by the Career Services Department at MMI