Weekly Job Tips & Leads from Career Services
Special Delivery: Resumes! Resume writing is the dread of job searching but it does not have to be. The best way to make resume writing simple is to think about your work while you are working. What challenges are you overcoming? What contributions have you provided for your company/organization? What negatives in your performance review did you turn into positives? What are some of your proudest moments? Reflect on your work performance while you are working and watch out easy it is to write and remember that relevant juicy content that next employer is looking for!
MMI Career Services Upcoming Events:
- February 20th, Friday 1pm-3pm GAM Industry Career Chat (Building B) - Come! Listen, learn and apply for GAM openings! There will be a recap for all those who missed last week & Filament Games will be sharing industry info!
- Entrepreneurship Seminar Feb. 25th Noon-1pm in Room 102 - Come learn the legal knowledge you need to be a state and federal compliant small business owner from Attorney Drew Coursin of Neider & Boucher, S.C. There will be Food! (across the hall in the breakroom) Building A
- February 26th, Thursday Overture Center Stagehand Training! 6pm Sharp! Free Training! Come learn what it takes to be a Stagehand in one of the most prestigious theatres in the country! This workshop is for individuals with little experience in the theater world as a stagehand and desiring to apply at the Overture Center when the opportunity arises! To register please email Dominic Stryker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 7th, Saturday 8am-3pm- WBA Student Seminar Madison Marriott Hotel: Come ready for Speed Networking, Mock Interviewing, Breakout Sessions, Breakfast & Lunch all for $15 bucks!
Career Advice from Career Services:
- 5 Things that annoy Managers!
- 10 Tech/Media Interview Errors
- Resume Tips for Marketing Professionals
Click HERE for more information on the resources provided by the Career Services Department at MMI